This drawing, watercolor and travel sketching course takes place in a different neighborhood each time (locations and dates: see here below).
In a small group, it aims at developing observation skills, drawing and painting techniques, drawing speed.
It teaches you how to draw what you see, select details, compose in a fast way, in order to create travel sketchbook pages that are lively and spontaneous.
- Courses cost 60 €/person for 3 hours, in groups of 3 to 6 persons.
- You can book just one class, or several. A class is offered when purchasing 6 classes. The 7 class pass, valid for one year, costs 360 € and is available in the “Gift & Goodies” section.
- Upon booking, you will receive a booking confirmation. A few days before the workshop, you will receive an email with the meeting point. Make sure to note Pauline’s phone number, in case you were late.
- The meeting point is at 2:00PM at a cafe. We start drawing at the cafe, then leave to draw around the neighborhood (and/or at a cafe in case of cold weather!).
- Plan a cafe budget, and the cost of museum tickets, in case of indoor drawing sessions.
- The supplies you will need are the following:
Watercolor Sketching: Paper sketchbook (A4/standard photocopy size recommended), watercolor box, small water jar with lid, watercolor paint brush, rag or kitchen paper, pencil(s), pencil-sharpener, water-resistant black pen (ex: Pigma Micron pen). / Optional: nib holder, nib and India ink; felt pens; color pencils; glue stick. / Think of sunglasses, hats, sunscreen! Warm clothes in the winter. Comfortable walking shoes, water bottle.
NB: You can buy the supplies from the “Gift & Goodies” section of the Website.
Classes are taught in French and English.
- They take place in a different Paris neighborhood each time (see class locations here below).
Group of 3 to 6 participants.
Children and teenagers under 18 years old can join, provided an accompanying adult joins as well (see FAQs for more details).
In case of heat wave or extremely bad weather, classes are likely to be transfered at the studio.
You will find more details in the FAQs. I am happy to help if you have any question.
NB: It is possible to offer gift-certificates for courses and workshops (see “Gifts & Goodies”). Don’t hesitate to ask us!
2022 Travel Sketchbook Classes Locations:
Thursday, August 25th: Place des Vosges (4th arrondissement) or Studio in case of high heat
Thursday, September 1st: Rodin Museum Sculpture Garden (7th arrondissement) or Studio in case of high heat
Thursday, September 8th: Jardin du Luxembourg (6th arrondissement)
Thursday, September 15th: Rue de Furstemberg, the Mabillon and Odeon district (6th arrondissement)
Thursday, September 22nd: Quays of the Seine, between Invalides and Musée d’Orsay (7th arrondissement)
Thursday, September 29th: Rue des Thermopyles and the Pernety district (14th arrondissement)
Thursday, October 6th: Montparnasse’s cafes (6th/14th arrondissement)
Thursday, October 13th: Rue de Furstemberg, the Mabillon and Odeon district (6th arrondissement)
Thursday, October 20th: Cafe in the 15th arrondissement and Champ de Mars / Eiffel Tower (15th/7th arrondissement)