This creative birthday workshop can be set up for groups of minimum 6 children. It takes place at the studio (6 to 8 children), or at your home (from 9 children on).
1/ The children will learn how to draw a landscape with figures or animals, to illustrate their « imaginary travel sketchbook ». They will represent a place where they have been, or an imaginary region where they would like to go, using paint, stamps, and collage. They will create their artwork on a cardboard canvas, that they can bring back home and keep.
This workshop is a playful way to introduce travel sketch art to them. It teaches them sketchbook techniques for journaling during their holidays or in their everyday life.
Children will work from their imagination, or from photographs and magazines that I will bring with me.
2/ The youngest ones (3-4 years old) will learn to paint and decorate a small paper mache box, in which they can put candies or small objects.
Whichever type of class you choose, the workshop adapts to the children’s age: young children will work with paint, pattern effects, collage; the older ones will learn how to draw and set the scene.
The children each go home with their artwork.
It is not necessary to know how to paint or to be « good at drawing » to take part. The workshop is a moment of creativity and exchange, and the pedagogy is adapted to each child.
We work inside (no plein air drawing on the street during this workshop).
- The following supplies are provided:
– 1 cardboard canvas per child (size 33x22cm) / or a small paper mache box per child (size 10x7x2,5cm)
– Pencils, acrylic or gouache paint, pastel, color pencils, stamps, scissors and glue. As well as, for little ones: a few stickers, and some glitter glue.
If you would like to use watercolor (on paper) or any specific materials that you may have at home, don’t hesitate to bring these supplies.
Remember to bring paint smocks to protect clothes!
If the workshop takes place at your home: prepare a large table with a plasticized tablecloth. Protect the floor if it is not tiled, remove carpets if they are close to the table.
The birthday cake and snacks, provided by you, can be eaten at the studio.
NB: You can buy the supplies from the “Gift & Goodies” section of the Website.
- Classes are taught in French and English.
- They take place at my studio: 7, rue Chevert 75007 Paris.
- Minimum of 6 children for this workshop. Group of 6 to 8 participants: art birthday party at the studio. Group of 9 children and more: art birthday party at your home.
- Price: 30 € per child. This price includes the art supplies mentioned here above. It doesn’t include the birthday cake and snacks.
- Day & Time: on Wednesdays, on weekends or during the school holidays, upon request. The workshop is two hour long.
- NB: From 7 years old on, children can join the drawing and painting class for children and teenagers that takes place at the studio on Tuesdays from 5:00PM to 6:30PM.
- During the school holidays, one-week Travel sketchbook workshops are available for them. Mark your calendars!
- Children and teenagers under 18 years old can join adult courses taking place outside (watercolor sketching, travel sketchbook), provided an accompanying adult joins as well (see FAQs for more details).
- I also offer private art courses upon request, and drawing day-trips in Versailles or Giverny: a fun tour with family or friends. Don’t hesitate to contact me!
You will find more details in the FAQs. I am happy to help if you have any question.
NB: It is possible to offer gift-certificates for courses and workshops (see “Gifts & Goodies”).