Mark your calendars! The first class of the new schoolyear, on Wednesday, September 8th, will take place at the town hall (Mairie du 7è arrondissement), during the Forum des Associations. This first class will be free. Contact me to sign up.
It is possible to take one class, or to come on a weekly basis (a 220 € individual 10 class pass, valid for 3 months, is available in the “Gift & Goodies” section).
The courses aim at developing technique, observation skills, drawing accuracy, basic skills of drawing and painting, but also creativity and imagination.
The class is organized around a subject. Each child will be helped considering their age and aims.
The annual program combines the following elements:
1. Observation drawing: observing shapes, creating colors and values, improving drawing accuracy. Using acrylic paint. Composing still lives and portraits.
2. Illustration and imaginary work: illustrating stories and creating comic strips. Learning how to draw the human body, facial expressions, perspective, in order to create spaces and figures.
3. Art journal and mixed media: making one’s own art journal, combining text and images. Finding new ways to express ideas and create images, using collage, texture effects, patterns, paint.
4. Introduction to Art History: after studying works by different artists, creating works “in the manner of”. Copying artworks.
5. Creative modeling: making 3D objects with paper or salt dough. You may occasionnally be asked to purchase a support (plain mask, canvas board…).
Basic supplies are included, except for paper. It is recommended to buy an A4 size sketchpad (ex: “Canson XL” sketchpad).
The following techniques will be taught: acrylic paint, gouache, ink, charcoal, pastel, color pencils, collage, salt dough.
NB: You can buy the supplies from the “Gift & Goodies” section of the Website.
- Classes are taught in French and English.
- They take place at my studio: 7, rue Chevert 75007 Paris. NB: In relationship to the Covid-19 situation, everyone must wear a mask during the class (bring your own mask). Hydroalcoholic solution and soap are at your disposal at the studio to wash your hands upon arriving.
- Groups of 3 to 8 children, aged 7 and above. The children work on a same subject, that can be adapted according to their skills and personal wishes.
- Day & Time: Tuesday, from 5:00PM to 6:30PM; Wednesday, from 2:00PM to 3:30PM.
- Teenagers aged 12 and above are also welcome to join the Art Journal and Illustration class (Tuesday 2:30PM-4:30PM).
- For little ones, don’t hesitate to join a Parent-Child class, they take place on Sundays every other month!
- Children and teenagers under 18 years old can join adult courses taking place outside (watercolor sketching, travel sketchbook), provided an accompanying adult joins as well (see FAQs for more details).
- I teach private drawing and painting courses for groups, especially for a creative art birthday party. Don’t hesitate to contact me!
You will find more details in the FAQs. I am happy to help if you have any question.
NB: It is possible to offer gift-certificates for courses and workshops (see “Gifts & Goodies”).