Note: I look forward to meeting you on Wednesday, September 14th from 11:00AM to 5:00PM, at the Mairie du 7e arrondissement (town hall) during its Forum des Associations!
It is possible to take one class, or to come on a weekly basis (a 220 € individual 10 class pass, valid for 3 months, is available in the “Gift & Goodies” section).
The courses aim at developing technique, observation skills, drawing accuracy, basic skills of drawing and painting, but also creativity and imagination.
The class is organized around a subject. Each child will be helped considering their age and aims.
The annual program combines the following elements:
1. Observation drawing: observing shapes, creating colors and values, improving drawing accuracy. Using acrylic paint. Composing still lives and portraits.
2. Illustration and imaginary work: illustrating stories and creating comic strips. Learning how to draw the human body, facial expressions, perspective, in order to create spaces and figures.
3. Art journal and mixed media: making one’s own art journal, combining text and images. Finding new ways to express ideas and create images, using collage, texture effects, patterns, paint.
4. Introduction to Art History: after studying works by different artists, creating works “in the manner of”. Copying artworks.
5. Creative modeling: making 3D objects with paper or salt dough. You may occasionnally be asked to purchase a support (plain mask, canvas board…).
Basic supplies are included, except for paper. It is recommended to buy an A4 size sketchpad (ex: “Canson XL” sketchpad).
The following techniques will be taught: acrylic paint, gouache, ink, charcoal, pastel, color pencils, collage, salt dough.
NB: You can buy the supplies from the “Gift & Goodies” section of the Website.
- Classes are taught in French and English.
- They take place at my studio: 7, rue Chevert 75007 Paris.
- Groups of 3 to 8 children, aged 7 and above. The children work on a same subject, that can be adapted according to their skills and personal wishes.
- Day & Time: Tuesday, from 5:00PM to 6:30PM.
- For little ones, don’t hesitate to join a Parent-Child class, they take place on Sundays every other month!
- Children and teenagers under 18 years old can join adult courses taking place outside (watercolor sketching, travel sketchbook), provided an accompanying adult joins as well (see FAQs for more details).
- I teach private drawing and painting courses for groups, especially for a creative art birthday party. Don’t hesitate to contact me!
You will find more details in the FAQs. I am happy to help if you have any question.
NB: It is possible to offer gift-certificates for courses and workshops (see “Gifts & Goodies”).