The Parent-Child workshop takes place on Sunday morning from 10:00AM to 12:00PM, once or twice a term. You either join along with one child (you will then need to book 2 places, one for yourself and one for your child); or you join in a group of 3 or 4 if you wish to take part as a family (you will then need to book 3 or 4 places).
Sitting around the studio’s table, we do exercises and paint a canvas, in a fun and creative way.
You will bring back an artwork created together with your child, a beautiful souvenir of this art morning.
Whatever the child’s age or your drawing skills, you will discover techniques, and take advantage of drawing and painting as fabulous communication tools.
We work from photographs, at the studio (no plein air drawing on the street during this workshop).
The following supplies are provided:
– 1 canvas per parent-child pair (size 30x30cm)
– 1 small sketchpad per person (size A5, paper weight 90g/m2, 24 pages).
– Acrylic paint, gouache, ink, charcoal, pastel, color pencils, scissors and glue.
If you would like to use watercolor or any specific materials that you may have at home, don’t hesitate to bring these supplies.
Remember to bring a paint smock to protect clothes! As well as a large paper bag to carry your artwork back home (the painting will not be dry yet when you finish the class).
NB: You can buy the supplies from the “Gift & Goodies” section of the Website.
- Classes are taught in French and English.
- They take place at my studio: 7, rue Chevert 75007 Paris.
- Groups of 4 to 8 participants. The parent-child pairs work on a same subject, that can be adapted according to their skills and personal wishes.
- Price: 30 €/person i.e. 60 € for 2 persons (1 child + 1 parent or grandparent). This price includes the art supplies mentioned here above.
- Day & Time: Sunday from 10:00AM to 12:00PM, once or twice a term.
- From 7 years old on, children can join the drawing and painting class for children and teenagers that takes place at the studio on Tuesdays from 5:00PM to 6:30PM.
- During the school holidays, one-week Travel sketchbook workshops are available for them. Mark your calendars!
- Children and teenagers under 18 years old can join adult courses taking place outside (watercolor sketching, travel sketchbook), provided an accompanying adult joins as well (see FAQs for more details).
- I teach private drawing and painting courses for groups, especially for a creative art birthday party.
- I also offer drawing day-trips in Versailles or Giverny: a fun tour with family or friends. Don’t hesitate to contact me!
You will find more details in the FAQs. I am happy to help if you have any question.
NB: It is possible to offer gift-certificates for courses and workshops (see “Gifts & Goodies”).