The workshop takes place during the school holidays, over four days (Monday to Thursday), every morning from 10:00AM to 12:30PM.
The workshop’s aim is to complete a mini travel sketchbook: learning how to draw what you see, choose a subject, compose, add figures, include text.
We work from photographs, at the studio (no plein air drawing on the street with the children).
In order to complete their travel sketchbooks, the children will learn to: draw in perpective; draw figures and add them in a landscape; create colors from the three primary colors (acrylic paint, colored inks, watercolor pencils); choose their subjects; compose, lay out a page; add text and customize with collage.
- The workshop costs 180 €/child for 10 hours of teaching spread over 4 days, in a group of 3 to 8 children.
- A place is offered when purchasing 6 places. Contact me for group prices.
- Upon booking, you will receive a booking confirmation. Make sure to note Pauline’s phone number, in case you were running late.
- The following supplies are provided:
– 1 sketchpad per child (we use a sketchpad size A5, paper weight 120 to 160g/m2). We recommend leaving the sketchpad at the studio during the week of the workshop, to avoid forgetting it.
– Acrylic paint, gouache, ink, charcoal, pastel, color pencils, scissors and glue.
If you would like your children to use watercolor, or any specific materials that they may have at home, don’t hesitate to bring these supplies. Children can start collecting a few images or tickets that will be useful for their collages (entrance tickets to museums or attractions, photos that inspire them, paper cuts from magazines, etc.).
Remember to bring a paint smock to protect clothes!
NB: You can buy the supplies from the “Gift & Goodies” section of the Website.
- Classes are taught in French and English.
- They take place at my studio: 7, rue Chevert 75007 Paris.
- Groups of 3 to 8 children. The children work on a same subject, that can be adapted according to their skills and personal wishes.
- Day & Time: Monday to Thursday, from 10:00AM to 12:30PM (4 mornings), during the school holidays.
- During the school year, a drawing and painting class for children and teenagers takes place at the studio on Tuesdays from 5:00PM to 6:30PM.
- For little ones, don’t hesitate to join a Parent-Child class, they take place on Sundays every other month!
- Children and teenagers under 18 years old can join adult courses taking place outside (watercolor sketching, travel sketchbook), provided an accompanying adult joins as well (see FAQs for more details).
- I teach private drawing and painting courses for groups, especially for a creative art birthday party. Don’t hesitate to contact me!
You will find more details in the FAQs. I am happy to help if you have any question.
NB: It is possible to offer gift-certificates for courses and workshops (see “Gifts & Goodies”).