Are you hesitating to keep a travel sketchbook? Here are 10 good reasons to get you started…
1. Keep a travel sketchbook to learn how to draw and paint
Your sketchbook is small, can be carried everywhere, and helps you make fast progress.
2. Draw fast to improve your observation skills, creativity, and imagination
Your sketchbook is a personal space where you can express freely. It helps you develop your artistic eye, and enriches your other art practices. Thanks to their sketchbooks, Delacroix, Turner, Gauguin… prepared their oil painting works.
3. Sketch in your journal to train before a trip, but also…
4. …to rediscover your everyday life.
Marvel at simple things.
5. Fill your sketchbook to travel in a different way
Alone, with your children, your friends or your partner. Documenting a region, a time.
6. Thanks to your travel sketchbook, meet with others & share
With other travel sketch lovers, with locals when traveling… Your sketchbook is a fabulous media!
7. Keep a sketchbook when traveling to memorize more
When drawing, you will notice a multitude of details, you will recall the emotion associated with a place or a moment. You will train your memory.
8. Sketch to relax
Drawing is a relaxing activity, making you sweat like when exercising, and quieting you down just like meditation does.
9. Observe and draw to slow down
Embrace slow living. Put down your smartphone, and return to the pleasure of creating.
10. Add drawings to your notebook, to keep track of memories
Your paper sketchbook will live on. You may add texts, photographs, collages, and create an authentic art-journal.